Etna, August 15
MEETING MY ENGLISH TEACHER
There is a little town called Etna in Scott Valley, Northern California. Etna is very close to the PCT. It is a charming historical town with a population of 800 people.
What are the chances that you might meet an Estonian in a town like Etna? Not very high. Not only did I meet an Estonian, but she also happened to be my English teacher from college. That was a very pleasant surprise. She is a head master of an organization that trains voluteers for Africa. They welcome hikers and let them stay in their house.

Jana Teppih, my English teacher from Estonia
------------------------------------------------------------------------
ETNA

Bed can be anywhere
Here I am sleeping at the Etna summit. We got there right before sun set and couldn't get a ride down to the Etna Village. I was supposed to hitchhike, but there was no traffic and I was so tired and passed out right next to the road. After realising we were not going to get a ride and had to spend the night there, we decided to move into a little safer place. We found a cushy hay stack next to the parking lot and it was perfect. I was happy. You don't get to sleep on hay every day on the PCT.
There is a little town called Etna in Scott Valley, Northern California. Etna is very close to the PCT. It is a charming historical town with a population of 800 people.
What are the chances that you might meet an Estonian in a town like Etna? Not very high. Not only did I meet an Estonian, but she also happened to be my English teacher from college. That was a very pleasant surprise. She is a head master of an organization that trains voluteers for Africa. They welcome hikers and let them stay in their house.

Jana Teppih, my English teacher from Estonia
------------------------------------------------------------------------
ETNA
Bed can be anywhere
Here I am sleeping at the Etna summit. We got there right before sun set and couldn't get a ride down to the Etna Village. I was supposed to hitchhike, but there was no traffic and I was so tired and passed out right next to the road. After realising we were not going to get a ride and had to spend the night there, we decided to move into a little safer place. We found a cushy hay stack next to the parking lot and it was perfect. I was happy. You don't get to sleep on hay every day on the PCT.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home